This is my very first month to be involved in a fun cooking adventure called The Secret Recipe Club, where you are assigned a cooking blog & make a recipe from there. No one knows who has tried what recipe & from whom until they see the posts today.
The website that I have this month is Jane over at TheHeritageCook.com. She has a great cooking blog over there & while browsing her recipes I came across these Pan Seared Chicken Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise that looked awesome. So, I whipped them up & not only were they delicious, but they were super easy too!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 to 4 tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored & sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices bacon, fried to a crisp
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 soft croissants or other sandwich rolls (I used homemade onion sandwich rolls)
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, & thyme. Whisk until smooth. Pour into a resealable bag.