- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 (4oz) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3 (14.5oz) cans great northern beans, undrained
- salt to taste
For the Spice Blend:
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 rounded teaspoon ground red pepper
Heat oil in a 5 quart saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a 5 quart or larger dutch oven. Cover, and keep warm.
Add the onion to the drippings in the saute pan, and cook over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes. Stir in broth, green chiles, and spice blend; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Pour this over the chicken that’s in the Dutch oven, and add the beans.
Cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Salt to taste. Garnish with Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and onions if desired. Serve with corn bread or corn chips.
Like what you see here on the Mrs? Never miss a thing! Subscribe to my Email Newsletter! Just enter your email address, and never miss a single post!Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Google+. You can also follow my boards on Pinterest!