Coming up with new recipes is a favorite pastime for me. Seriously. I have a notebook on my nightstand for those ‘ah-ha’ moments that come to me as I’m laying in bed at night.
These cookies were one of those ‘ah-ha’ moments, although they didn’t come at night like most of mine do. This one came as I was looking through my baking cabinet – craving something sweet, but not wanting to go to the grocery store either.
I pulled out some toffee chips, pecans, chocolate chips, brown sugar – and I thought, ‘Hey why not put a praline spin on a cookie? Oooh…with chocolate….and toffee!’
I don’t really care. I want another cookie.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (11.5oz) bag of toffee baking bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt – stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, toffee bits, and pecans. Drop by tablespoon fulls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Like what you see here on the Mrs? Never miss a thing! Subscribe to my Email Newsletter! Just enter your email address, and never miss a single post!Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Google+. You can also follow my boards on Pinterest!