‘Tis the season for strawberries, and boy am I ever glad about that. I love love love strawberries! I eat so many during this time of the year that sometimes I wonder if I’m going to turn into Strawberry Shortcake.
After coming home from
hoarding purchasing more strawberries, I made one of my very favorite strawberry desserts – Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Cream Pie. As I was feasting upon one of my very favorite treats, I had the idea for this recipe – a white chocolate strawberry mousse. And, I have to say…. this is now one of my very very favorite treats.
Let’s start out with one of the base ingredients – white chocolate. Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second increments until melted, being careful not to burn. White chocolate is very tempermental – much like a toddler Beat the white chocolate in with 1 8oz container of softened cream cheese & 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
Whip together 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, & 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until thick & creamy. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate cream mixture.
Using a gentle stroke again, fold in 1 quart of fresh strawberries that you have hulled & diced.
Divide the magnificence you have just created into 6-8 small ramekins or dishes & refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Once set, you can garnish with a mint leaf if you want – or just dig on in!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 8oz container of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the white chocolate chips in 15 second intervals in the microwave until melted, being careful not to burn. Beat the melted white chocolate with the softened cream cheese & ½ cup confectioners sugar.
- Whip together the heavy cream, vanilla extract, & remaining ½ cup confectioners sugar. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate cream mixture. Gently stir in the diced strawberries.
- Divide the mixture between 6-8 ramekins or small dishes Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Garnish with a mint leaf if desired.
Like what you see here on the Mrs? Never miss a thing! Subscribe to my Email Newsletter! Just enter your email address, and never miss a single post!Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Google+. You can also follow my boards on Pinterest!