Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops
- 4 boneless, medium thickness pork chops
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1.5oz real bacon bits (half of a 3oz package)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar or cheddar blend cheese
- chopped green onions to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Set out 2 pie dishes, or similar dish. In one, whisk together the eggs & milk. In the other, mix together the bacon bits, bread crumbs, & 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg/milk mixture & then into the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess crumbs & then dip back into the egg/milk mixture again. Dredge in the breadcrumb combination & press the mixture into each side.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and place the pork chops in. Cast iron works best as it helps crisp the crust better, but it’s not a necessity if you don’t have one. Sprinkle on any remaining breadcrumb mixture, and press down lightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping over halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese & return to the oven for 2 minute, just enough to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Serving size: 4
Like what you see here on the Mrs? Never miss a thing! Subscribe to my Email Newsletter! Just enter your email address, and never miss a single post!Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram and/or Google+. You can also follow my boards on Pinterest!