These Bacon Club Baked Sliders are so easy to make, and boy – let me tell you. They are every bit of extraordinary deliciousness. Instant family favorite!
It’s no secret I’m a huge bacon lover. It’s quite possibly my favorite food. When I need 2 slices of bacon for a recipe, I fry up the whole dang pound. A girl needs a snack sometimes, ya know? Ain’t nothing wrong with snacking on a pound of bacon. Right? Gotta keep my girlish figure somehow… 😉
Well, with this deep profound love for bacon I have – I’m always adding it to recipes. I mean, why not? It’s like the best thing ever.
A while ago, I entered these Baked Ham & Swiss Sliders in the Mr. Food Ultimate Weeknight Meal contest – and ya know what? They came in 2nd place! Not so bad, eh? I was thinking how good they would be if I jazzed them up a little. With some turkey, ham, – and of course, bacon. The more I thought about it, the more my mouth started watering – and I just couldn’t take it any more.
So, I developed a whole new take on it – and oh my word, it turned out so addictively delicious. Most definitely. Even better than the original. Oh my, oh my.
Here’s what you need:
Mince up a couple cloves of garlic.
Melt a stick of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add one large diced onion, & cook for about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic & cook for another 2 minutes.
Add in 3 heaping tablespoons of dijon mustard & 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
Stir in 3 teaspoons of poppy seeds. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Slice a package of King’s Hawaiian rolls in half all at once. Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Spread 3/4 of the onion mixture on the bottom half of the bread. Layer a heaping 1/4 pound of sliced ham on top of the onion mixture.
Layer a heaping 1/4 pound of turkey on top of the ham.
Now, it’s time for that bacon. Glorious bacon. I used about 8 slices. You could always use more, I won’t tell.
Now the cheese. I used plain ol’ American cheese – 6 slices.
Now, place the top half of the bread back on top.
Spread the other 1/4 of the onion mixture on top. Sprinkle with a couple pieces of bacon all crumbled up.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, and sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese on the sandwiches if you want. I want. Obviously. Place it back in the oven for a minute or two just to melt the cheese.
Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Doesn’t that look absolutely amazing? You know it does. Here’s a napkin – wipe that drool from your chin 😉
Slice them up into squares, and serve. Or inhale. Your choice. Either way, you’re gonna love these.
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ pound sliced ham
- ¼ pound sliced turkey
- 10 slices of cooked crispy bacon
- 6 slices American cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- diced green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic, & cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in the dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & poppy seeds and cook until the onions are soft (about 10 more minutes). Slice the rolls in half all at once & place the bottom half in a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread on ¾ of the onion mixture; top with the ham, turkey, 8 slices of bacon, cheese, & top half of the buns. Spread the remaining onion mixture on top of the buns – then the remaining 2 slices of bacon, crumbled. Cover with aluminum foil & bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle on the shredded Cheddar cheese, place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven, and garnish with chopped green onions. Slice down the seams to make individual sliders.