Blueberries and Cream Oat Bars
These Blueberries & Cream Oat Bars are one of my favorite recipes. They are so yummy! Perfect for dessert OR breakfast!
I have a ton of blueberries in my freezer from pickings in a local no-spray family farm. As in gallons. So, when I saw this recipe for Blueberries & Cream Oat Bars, I knew this was the recipe for me.
My family loves blueberries, and with our huge supply of them, I could definitely use some more recipes.
Oh. my. word. These things are ah-mazing! I ended up doubling the recipe, omitting the nuts, & using full fat cream cheese. These were the perfect balance of creamy & berry – absolutely perfect.
We had a guest over when I made these too, and he just couldn’t get enough of them. Heck, neither can I!
- For the crust:
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 sticks butter, melted
- For the Blueberry Filling:
- 3⅓ cups frozen blueberries
- 6 heaping tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl – mix oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon. Add melted butter & stir with a fork (or electric mixer) until evenly moistened. Mixture will be crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture firmly into your pan, and bake for 12 minutes to set crust.
- Prepare cream cheese filling. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla, & salt and mix well. Beat in the 2 eggs. Pour filling over baked crust.
- Prepare blueberry filling. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberry filling ingredients. Turn heat to medium, and cook for 7-10 minutes – until mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat & pour over the cream cheese filling. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until top is browned & filling is bubbly. Let cool completely in pan set on a wire rack. When cool, chill for an hour before cutting. Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board. Peel off foil & cut into 24 bars. Store in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
You may also like these delicious recipes!