Disclosure: I have been compensated for this post by MIRACLE WHIP Dressing as I am working with Mom It Forward. All opinions & general ramblings are my own.
The weather here in the South is absolutely beautiful right now. Summer is definitely my favorite time of year! The garden is blooming, the pool is perfectly refreshing, and the laughter of children playing outside fills the air.
We spend so much time outdoors, and we love to do our cooking on the grill too while we’re enjoying all the benefits summer has to offer.
And, when it comes to grilling outdoors – the easier the recipe the better. So, when I got the chance to make this recipe off the MIRACLE WHIP website for Cabbage & Pineapple Slaw Burgers, I was super excited over the simplicity of it. Then when I tasted the finished product, I was even further blown away by the flavors encompassed in these hand held masterpieces!
The recipe only needs 5-10 minutes of prep time, then all you have to do is grill the burgers and assemble them.
Let’s get the burgers ready to go. In a large bowl, combine 2 pounds of ground beef with ¼ cup of MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, & 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. I tend to go a little heavy on the garlic though, as always…. gotta ward off those vampires that are ever so present in the South during the summer…. right? 😉
The addition of the MIRACLE WHIP to the burgers is positively genius. Not only does it add a little zip of extra flavor, but it does something to the tenderness of the burgers. They were so tender, even more so tender than usual! I think I may be mixing in a little bit of that tangy dressing to all my burgers from now on… consider me officially impressed!
Press the beef mixture into ½ inch thick patties.
Now, make the cabbage & pineapple slaw. In a large bowl, mix together a 14oz package of cabbage slaw blend, 1 8oz can crushed pineapple (drained), ½ cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, 2 tsps Sriracha, & ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions.
Now, let’s get the burgers on the grill.
Grill 5-6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
Once the burgers are done, it’s time to assemble!
Place the burgers on the bun and top with a big scoop of the pineapple slaw, and place the other half of the bun on top. I also put a slice of cheese on some of ours, but left others without. The original recipe does not call for cheese so this addition is completely up to you. They are SO delicious either way!
Serve, and enjoy!
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, divided
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) coleslaw blend (cabbage slaw mix)
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
- HEAT grill to medium heat.
- MIX meat, garlic powder and ¼ cup dressing just until blended; shape into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Grill 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (160ºF).
- COMBINE remaining dressing with all remaining ingredients except buns.
- FILL buns with burgers and coleslaw.
- SPECIAL EXTRA: Grill meat patties as directed. Top each with 1 KRAFT Singles; grill 1 min. or until melted. Continue as directed.