Cheddar Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Author: Mrs Happy Homemaker
- 1 container whole fresh mushrooms, around 12-16
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened - broken into chunks
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt, pepper, & paprika to taste
- Remove the stem from the mushrooms, and hollow out the cap. Reserve the mushroom steps, and cut off the woody end & discard. Dice up the remaining part of the mushroom stem & set aside along with the onion & garlic.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel, and reserve the grease.
- Saute the diced mushroom stems, onion, & garlic for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Turn off the heat and add the cream cheese. Stir until melted & combined. Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the filling into the hollowed out mushroom caps. Pack the filling in, and pile any extra on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.