This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Cheesy Taco Hoagies – the most perfect (and I do mean perfect) taco filling piled high in a hoagie roll, generously topped with cheddar cheese, & baked. The ultimate easy weeknight meal!
Tacos are like the quintessential weeknight meal. And it’s been like that as long back as I can remember. In a hurry & not much time to get dinner on the table? Tacos! Feel like cuddling up in the bed with a gallon of chocolate ice cream & binge watching Netflix but the kids still gotta eat (or you don’t wanna share your ice cream….)? Tacos! They’re like the simplest thing ever.
But sometimes… the simplest thing ever can also be a little on the boring side.
Wait, what? Tacos…. boring? Never!
Ok, ok…so maybe not boring per say, but maybe a little repetitive when eaten the same way each time.
So, I totally livened your standard taco night up a little bit (ok, a lot of bit) when I created these mouth watering cheesy taco hoagies. Soft hoagie rolls stuffed with the perfect taco filling (it’s so good, y’all!) and then baked off with Sargento® Sliced Cheese.
And when I say the perfect taco filling – I’m not joking about that. It really is perfect. Beef, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, cilantro, onion, etc – I could eat it with a spoon. I have eaten it with a spoon.
You pile it high inside of a hoagie roll (I love the kind with sesame seeds) – and then top it with 100% real, natural cheese (Sargento all the way baby!) & bake it off to melt. You’ve gotta use the real deal cheese with this – none of that processed stuff, which is only required to have 51% real cheese. I dunno about you, but I prefer my cheese to be 100% cheese. You can’t really call it cheesy otherwise. That’s why I love Sargento Cheese so much – it’s like it’s sliced fresh from the block, real & never processed. That’s the way cheese should be.
These Cheesy Taco Sliders are our new taco for taco night. We can’t seem to get enough of them – they’re so good!
Definitely a new family favorite for us. Y’all have gotta try them because I’m pretty darned confident that you’ll find them equally as addictive as we do.
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 packet (1oz) taco seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can corn, rinsed & drained
- chopped cilantro, to taste
- Sargento Sliced Cheddar Cheese (12 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat. Add the ground chuck & onion - sprinkle with taco seasoning. Saute the mixture until the meat & onions are cooked through. Add the minced garlic & cook for another minute. Mix in the corn & black beans; remove from heat. Stir in chopped cilantro to taste.
- Fill each hoagie roll with a generous portion of taco filling. Place the hoagies in a 9x13 baking dish. Place 2 slices of Sargento sliced cheddar cheese on top of each filled hoagie roll. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with more cilantro if desired.