Before I share one of my favorite crockpot recipes with you, let me first channel my inner poet with an ode to my slowcooker.
Crockpot, oh crockpot
Live without you, I can not
I love you more than my blender
With you, my food is always tender
Just set it & forget
What a lovable asset
Dinner without much effort
You don’t even have to be alert
You can sit on the couch & watch your cable
While your crockpot gets dinner ready to be put on the table
I totally wrote that in 5 minutes… which should speak nothing to the amount of love I have for my crockpot & speak more towards how incredibly
weird goofy I am.
As I said earlier – this crockpot recipe is one of my faves. It’s an old standby around here, and it’s so simple to throw together. It may just end up being one of your favorites too.
Here’s what you need:
In the bottom of your crockpot, add your potatoes, carrots, & onion. Give it a good dose of salt & pepper.
Then layer your pork chops on top of the veggies, and give them a dose of salt & pepper too. Were seasoning in layers here 🙂
Now for the sauce. Using a whisk, combine the Worcestershire sauce, cola, ketchup, & barbecue sauce. I loovvveee me some Sweet Baby Rays, and they didn’t even pay me to say that. When I don’t have time to make it homemade, that’s the brand I buy.
Now, pour the sauce on top of the pork chops. Cover with your crockpot lid, & cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat & veggies are tender.
When it’s done, you’ll have a delicious home cooked meal with minimal effort. You don’t even have to make anything else, this is a whole meal in itself. Although, if I have some extra time… I love to make up a batch of my Mama’s biscuits with this.
I like to serve mine with some chopped green onions on top of the pork chops & a little extra of the sauce from the crockpot in a separate bowl for extra drizzling – it’s really yummy.
You’re gonna love it!
- 6-8 pork chops (I prefer bone-in)
- 6-8 potatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ of a 16oz bag of baby carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 1 28oz bottle of barbeque sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cola
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Layer the potatoes, carrots, & onions in the bottom of a slowcooker. Season with salt & pepper. Layer the pork chops on top of the vegetables, & season with another dose of salt & pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the barbeque sauce, ketchup, cola, & Worcestershire sauce until combined. Pour on top of the pork chops.
- Cover the slowcooker, & cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat & vegetable are tender. Garnish the pork chops with chopped green onions (optional)