Pumpkin pie is definitely a staple dish this time of year. It’s gotta be the most popular pumpkin dish by far. But, what happens when that craving hits – and there’s not a pumpkin pie slice in site?
That’s when you whip yourself up a little single serving treat that takes just seconds to make, and totally satisfies that pumpkin pie craving you’re having! Yep, I said you can make this in just seconds… ok, maybe a minute or two depending on how fast or slow you are! Either way, I promise you it’s super quick – even if you’re not Speedy Gonzales. Andale andale, arriba arriba! 😉
Besides the time factor, another great thing about this simple little treat is that you can customize it based on any dietary needs you may have. Since you’re using a snack pack sized vanilla pudding (or equal amount of already prepared) – you can easily use fat free, low fat, or sugar free options. Even if you opt to go with the regular vanilla pudding (as I do), the pudding itself only contains 100 calories – and when paired with the other 2 ingredients in this recipe, you’re only consuming around 150 calories or less. Pretty awesome!
Here’s what you need:
First, take a graham cracker & crumble it up in the bottom of the dish you wish to eat your ‘pumpkin pie’ out of. You can crumble another cracker into it if you want more ‘crust’ – it’s totally up to you.
Now, combine 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree (or pumpkin pie filling will work too) with 1 vanilla pudding cup in a separate small bowl. If you’re using pumpkin puree, and want a little more spice element to it – you can just add a little smidgen of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to it. I actually like mine just fine without it, but it’s personal preference.
You can also use already prepared vanilla pudding, a little less than 1/2 cup will do the trick. Scoop the mixture on top of your crumbled graham crackers.
If you’d like to go an extra step, you can even top it with a dollop of whipped cream.
There you go – all the flavors of pumpkin pie in an individual serving that took you no time at all to prepare. How simple was that?!
- 1 snack pack pudding size of vanilla pudding (or less than ½ cup prepared vanilla pudding)
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (or pumpkin pie filling)
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a small dish or mug. Combine the vanilla pudding with the pumpkin puree. Scoop the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- *cooks note: you can add a smidgen of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to the pudding mixture if desired.