I love pork roasts. I love how you can put just about any flavor on it, and it just partners with it so well.
I make a lot of pork roasts for everyday meals, Sunday dinners, & special occasions. I always have one in the freezer ready to go because I purchase a lot of whole pork loins, and then have my local butcher slice it into individual roasts (and pork chops ) for me. Huge money saver!
Now, I also love one dish meals. I mean, who doesn’t? Simple preparation & easy clean-up is a major recipe turn-on for me.
Recently I had the opportunity to try the Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce from Fischer & Wieser & I fell in love with it instantly. Thankfully I didn’t eat the entire bottle of it with the bag of pretzels I couldn’t help dipping in it – or I would have never created this pork & sweet potato recipe, and that would be a real shame. A travesty even. It’s just that delicious.
When we sat down to eat, my entire family couldn’t stop raving about how good it was. Even my 2 year old wanted seconds. You know you have a winner when that occurs!
Remember, I said easy – right? Let me show you how I did it.
In a food processor or blender, puree together your garlic, Italian seasoning, & olive oil.
In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the garlic oil mixture with 1/2 cup of raspberry chipotle sauce.
In a large bowl, mix together the sauce mixture with the sweet potatoes.
Sprinkle the pork roast with salt & pepper. Give it a quick sear on all sides in a hot pan. Place in a 9×13 baking dish & rub with the remaining garlic oil mixture. Pour the sweet potatoes around the roast.
Spread 1/2 cup of the raspberry chipotle sauce on top of the pork roast.
Cook at 350 degrees for until the internal temperature comes to 145 degrees, about 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
If you have any leftovers, try them out in this pork taco recipe. It’s fantastic!
- 1 2-3 pound pork loin roast
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup roasted raspberry chipotle sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, & enough olive oil to make a spreadable paste.
- Mix ¼ of the garlic oil mixture in a small bowl with ½ cup of the raspberry chipotle sauce. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the sauce mixture. Set aside.
- Season the pork roast with salt & pepper; sear quickly on all sides in a hot pan. Place in a 9x13 baking pan & rub the remaining garlic oil mixture all over it. Pour the sweet potatoes around the pork roast. Spread the remaining ½ cup of raspberry chipotle sauce on top of the pork roast.
- Bake uncovered - until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, about 1 hour. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
*Fischer & Wieser sent me a sampling of their products to use in this recipe. All recipes & opinions stated are my own.