Make Ahead Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Make ahead foods are very close, dear friends of mine. When those make-ahead foods involve potatoes, cheese, & bacon – I’m all over it! The only thing is though, the rest of my family is all over ’em too. Even the baby!
These are so good that I have dreams about them. I always make extra too, cus mashed ‘taters for breakfast is the best.
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 10oz Italian Cheese & Herbs Cooking Creme (or 8oz cream cheese, softened & double the spices)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 12oz-16oz of bacon, cooked to a crisp – broken into small pieces
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until fork tender. Drain.
- Beat the potatoes with the butter, milk, cooking creme (or cream cheese), sour cream, & spices until creamy.
- Scoop the potatoes into a baking dish, and spread evenly. Sprinkle with the cheese, bacon, & green onions.
- Cover & refrigerate up to 36 hours. Set it on the counter about 30 minutes prior to baking. When you are ready to eat, bake uncovered at 350 for 40 minutes.