I love homemade frosting. I could honestly sit down with a big bowl of it and devour the whole thing. No joke.
I really don’t think I’ve met a (homemade) frosting that I didn’t like, and this Marshmallow Buttercream is definitely no exception to that. In fact, it’s right there at the top of favorite icings list.
It’s fluffy, light, sweet, rich, – and seriously delicious. I love to scrape the insides of a vanilla bean into this frosting. The tiny little specks of vanilla add such a depth of flavor. It’s ah-mazing.
Try it on a chocolate cake, yellow cake, on a spoon – it doesn’t matter, just try it.
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the marshmallow creme. Beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and vanilla bean. Stir to combine.