Pico de Gallo Salsa
|That’s leftover chopped pork in the picture is for pork tacos. But don’t put pork into your Pico de Gallo. Please.|
- 4 medium to large vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2-4 jalapenos, minced (use accordingly to how hot you want it)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1.5 cups, or suit to your taste)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place the diced tomatoes into a strainer, or colander, over a large bowl. Let ‘drain’ for about 30 minutes. Reserve the juice for another use, if desired. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, & cilantro. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime on top, and stir. Cover, and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes for flavors to marry.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 48-72 hours. You can also put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender for more of a ‘restaurant style’ salsa, and it’s great for canning purposes this way too.