Hi, I’m Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings and I have an easy, healthy shrimp salad recipe to share with you! Shrimp Chickpea and Tomato Salad packs a ton of taste in a few simple ingredients.
This shrimp salad gets an added boost of protein and fiber from the chickpeas. The light, lemony thyme dressing lets the flavors shine through.
I used a variety of cherry tomatoes from my garden to make the salad pop! Red, yellow and black colors swirl around the pink shrimp. Green specs of chives and thyme dot the salad here and there.
Chickpeas can be hard to digest for some people. Soaking dried chickpeas before cooking and thoroughly rinsing canned beans will greatly help you if digestion is a concern. I also like to remove the skins. It’s a personal preference of mine.
This salad fits on a light lunch, brunch or dinner menu. You decide. I’m ready for lunch!
- ½ pound shrimp (about 20 31-40count)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon snipped chives
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups spring mix
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, de-veined and steam shrimp. Sprinkle cooked shrimp with Old Bay. Chill.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. set aside.
- Toss chilled shrimp, tomatoes, chickpeas, chives and thyme with dressing.
- Arrange on a bed of spring mix or leaf lettuce.