Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls? Is this possible? Oh YES! Totally possible. Totally indulgent. Totally easy. You need these in your life. Trust me.
Mmmm, Cinnamon Rolls. In the slow cooker though? Oh yes!
As soon as I saw this recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Favorites, I knew I had to get in the action. (Scroll to the end of the post for a chance to win a copy!)
Not only was it a simple shortcut recipe but hello – did you hear the works slow cooker? That just turns one simple recipe into an even simpler recipe. Imagine that.
The results were great – perfect for a lazy Saturday morning… or a busy weeknight too. I’m definitely all for breakfast for dinner.
Here’s what you need:
In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of melted butter + 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Roll canned biscuits in butter mixture, then in brown sugar mixture until well coated.
Place the coated biscuits in a slow cooker lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Sprinkle with some chopped pecans if that’s your sort of thing… or leave them off if it’s not. Pecans are definitely my thing… so in they go.
Place a paper towel on top of the slowcooker & cover with the lid.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours. I found right at 2 hours was perfect, so be careful not to overcook.
You can leave them un-frosted – or frost them. Totally up to you! If you decide to frost them, mix together 1 1/3 cup of powdered sugar with 2 teaspoons of milk & 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.. then drizzle it on top. I actually served my glaze on the side for everyone’s dipping pleasure. 🙂
These cinnamon rolls are so good. I suppose you could also make these in the oven, but they surely wouldn’t be as gooey as what the slow cooker process does. Oh my… super yum.
There are SO many great recipes in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow Cooker Fall Favorites. Perfect for the fall, or quite honestly – any time of year. Tons really. I’m totally in love with this cookbook!
And, here’s your chance to win your very own copy!!
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12oz can of refrigerated biscuits
- chopped pecans (optional)
- 1⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and vanilla; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon. Roll biscuits in butter mixture, then in brown sugar mixture until well coated.
- Place biscuits in a slow cooker lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, sprinkle with pecans if desired. Place a paper towel on top of slow cooker & cover with the lid. Cook on low setting for 2-3 hours. I found cooking on 2 hours was perfect, so be careful not to overcook.
- After cooking, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, & cinnamon for the frosting. Glaze with the frosting or serve on the side for your dipping pleasure.