I saw these cookies in a magazine advertisement from Ghiradelli, & I just HAD to bake them. And, am I glad that I did! These are one of the richest & best tasting cookies I have ever made. You just have to give them a try!
Here is what you need:
In the double boiler set up over hot water, melt the 60% cacao chocolate & stick of butter.
In a large bowl, beat eggs & sugar together until until thick.
Stir in the chocolate mixture.
Stir in the flour & baking powder.
Mix in the chocolate chips & walnuts.
Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into 2 logs – each about 2 inches in diameter & 12 inches in length. Use the plastic wrap to roll into log shape & wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour – I did it overnight.
After the chilling is done – preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the cookie dough rolls into 3/4 inch slices. Place slices 1.5″ apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- 12 ounce(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 10 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- ⅓ cup(s) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into ¾-inch slices. Place slices 1½ inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.