This SIMPLE White Chocolate Strawberry Mousse is SO delicious, it even made the anchors on Fox News eyes roll into the back of their heads!
‘Tis the season for strawberries, and boy am I ever glad about that. I love love love strawberries! I eat so many during this time of the year that sometimes I wonder if I’m going to turn into Strawberry Shortcake.
After coming home from
hoarding purchasing more strawberries, I made one of my very favorite strawberry desserts – Chocolate Covered Strawberries & Cream Pie. As I was feasting upon one of my very favorite treats, I had the idea for this recipe – a white chocolate strawberry mousse. And, I have to say…. this is now one of my very very favorite treats.
Let’s start out with one of the base ingredients – white chocolate. Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second increments until melted, being careful not to burn. White chocolate is very tempermental – much like a toddler 😉 Beat the white chocolate in with 1 8oz container of softened cream cheese & 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
Whip together 1 cup of heavy cream, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, & 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until thick & creamy. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate cream mixture.
Using a gentle stroke again, fold in 1 quart of fresh strawberries that you have hulled & diced.
Divide the magnificence you have just created into 6-8 small ramekins or dishes & refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Once set, you can garnish with a mint leaf if you want – or just dig on in!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 8oz container of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the white chocolate chips in 15 second intervals in the microwave until melted, being careful not to burn. Beat the melted white chocolate with the softened cream cheese & ½ cup confectioners sugar.
- Whip together the heavy cream, vanilla extract, & remaining ½ cup confectioners sugar. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate cream mixture. Gently stir in the diced strawberries.
- Divide the mixture between 6-8 ramekins or small dishes Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Garnish with a mint leaf if desired.
You may also like these delicious recipes!