Flashback Friday, Bacon & Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
It’s time for Flashback Friday again, where we revisit an oldie but goodie from the archives! This week, I’m traveling back to October of 2011 for these Bacon & Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheeses. These things are SO good, and so many of you agree!
We grow jalapenos every year in our garden, and I am always trying to come up with new things to do with them. Recently, I was watching The Great Food Truck Race, and there was a food truck that did vamped up grilled cheese sandwiches (Roxy’s Grilled Cheese) & it just hit me – bam – right there!
Oh. my. gosh. They turned out ubelievable – an explosion of flavor on the taste buds for sure. This will be one I will be making agian, and again, and again, and again.
Combine the cream cheese & shredded mexican cheese. Spread it evenly between the 4 slices of bread. Top with the cooked bacon. Divide the jalapenos between all 4 slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
Bacon & Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8-10 jalapenos depending on the size…8 if large, more if not
- 8 slices texas toast
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups Mont. Jack cheese shredded
- 10 thick slices cooked crispy bacon
- Set your oven to broil. Place the jalapenos on a baking sheet & broil for about 3 minutes on each side, until the skins are charred. Immedietly place the jalapenos into a ziploc bag, or well sealed container, for about 15 minutes. Remove & peel off the skins & remove the seeds.
- Combine the cream cheese & shredded mexican cheese. Spread it evenly between the 4 slices of bread. Top with the cooked bacon. Divide the jalapenos between all 4 slices of bread. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Melt some butter in a skillet & fry each sandwich on both sides until nicely browned.
- Cut in half, and serve.