This Whole30 | Paleo | Keto friendly meatloaf is absolutely delicious. Topped with a homemade ketchup that's sweetened with dates, so there's no added sugar. It's packed with flavor & is dairy free, grain free, & gluten free. Super simple to make too!
For the ketchup:
- 1/3 cup pitted medjool dates soaked in hot water to soften & drained
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder double if you really like garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup homemade ketchup see recipe above
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder double if you like garlic a whole lot!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
Prepare the homemade ketchup first. This can be done ahead of time. In a food processor or blender, puree all ketchup ingredients on high speed until smooth. Store in a mason jar or other container with tight fitting lid. It can be stored for 1-2 weeks.
Preheat your oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients. Mix with your hands until just combined. Press the meatloaf into a loaf pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven & spread the remaining homemade ketchup over top. Return to the oven & cook for an additional 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Let the meatloaf rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.