Stuffed Collard Green Rolls
Stuffed with pork, black eyed peas, garlic, onion, bacon, & spices. They are out of this world delicious!
- 1 large bunch collard greens
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 14.5 oz can black eyed peas drained
- 1 small onion minced
- 6-8 pieces cooked bacon crumbled (optional)
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic OR 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the collard green leaves in batches, cooking for about 3-4 minutes, & then removing to a bowl full of cold water to stop the cooking. Gently squeeze some of the water out & lay flat on paper towels to remove excess water. Remove the thick stem in the middle.
In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, black eyed peas, onion, bacon (if using), garlic, cilantro, salt & pepper. Roll into about 10 oval shaped patties. Roll 2 collard green leaves around each patty, placing them in a casserole dish with the seam side down.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, garlic powder, & worcestershire sauce. Pour over the collard green rolls.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.