Easy Sausage Crescent Braid
I love this Sausage Crescent Braid so much & have made it for years. It's almost too simple to even be considered a recipe, but it sure is DELICIOUS!!
- 1 tube of crescent roll sheet dough
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 small to medium onion diced
- 1-2 jalapenos minced
- 2 banana peppers or 1 small bell pepper diced (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese or blend to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- egg wash 1 egg white whisked with a splash of water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute the sausage, onion, & peppers until cooked through. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Drain on a paper towel.
Spread out the crescent roll sheet dough on a baking pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon the sausage filling down the center leaving the sides, front & back with just dough for easy folding. Slice 5-6 diagonal cuts on each side of the dough. Fold in the front & back dough first, then fold over the ribbons of dough along the side making your crescent braid. Brush with egg wash.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing. You can choose to slice it into sandwich sizes or into dipable sticks.