Apple Pie Muffins
Have you seen the muffin man? Well, which way did he go? He just stole my apple pie muffins!! Wait, that wasn’t the muffin man! It was my husband, & I am pretty sure he had two adorable little girls as his helpers! Looks like I need to whip up some more, huh?
Ok, let’s prepare the batter ingredients.
Beat the flour, egg, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, & brown sugar until well combined.
Stir in the diced apples.
Now, lets assemble the ingredients for the strudel topping.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
Stir the strudel topping together using a fork.
Sprinkle generously with the topping.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
These are also really good with pears, or a mixture of pears & apples. They have such a wonderful ‘pie’ flavor to them either way you decide to do it!
Apple Pie Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups self rising flour or all purpose flour+1 tsp baking soda & 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 2.5 cups apples peeled & diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda, & salt (or use self rising flour).Beat in the egg, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar until well combined. Stir in the diced apples. Stir just until everything is blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups to the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, & melted butter.. Sprinkle this over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.