The Grinch White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone loves The Grinch! These Easy Grinch Cookies feature White Chocolate Chips & since they are started off with a cake mix, they couldn’t be any simpler to make. These are the perfect treat to add to your Christmas Cookies this year!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!
Easy to make & delicious – that’s what these Grinch Cookies are. They start off with a box of cake mix & have white chocolate chips stirred into the batter. A few drops of green food coloring gives the cookies their vibrant Grinchy-Green hue & they are finished off with a red heart.
You know, in Whoville they say that the Grinch’s heart grew 3 sizes one day. And then – the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches, plus two!
Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little more.
- Cake mix – white
- Baking powder
- Eggs – just two
- Cooking oil – I like to use vegetable
- Vanilla extract – I like to use pure vanilla extract, not imitation
- White chocolate chips – I use one cup but you can increase to two
- Food coloring – green. I like to use the gel food coloring
- Red Heart Sprinkles – I use these from Wilton
How To Make Grinch Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- Combine the cake mix & baking powder in a medium bowl
- Beat the eggs, oil, & vanilla together in the bowl of a stand mixture or a large bowl with a hand mixer.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the green food coloring.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoon balls of the dough onto your prepared baking sheets. Flatten the dough ball slightly with a spatula.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Do not let them brown in the oven so that they keep their color. They will firm up when cooled.
- Place one heart sprinkle on each cookie right after you remove them from the oven. Careful, it’s hot!
- Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
To store, keep in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days.
Grinch White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 15.25 Oz white cake mix (1 box)
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Drops green food coloring gel
- red heart sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix and baking powder. In a bowl of the stand mixer (or large bowl with hand mixer) mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla together.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Drop in green food gel. Mix well. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, drop rounded balls of the dough onto your baking sheet. Flatten the dough ball with a spatula. Bake for 9 minutes. Do not let them brown in the oven. They will firm up when cooled.
- Place one heart sprinkle on each cookie top once you remove them from the oven. Careful it's hot! Remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.