Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
This is the best homemade Salted Caramel Sauce that I’ve ever had. It’s amazing over all desserts (especially ice cream!) & so addicting you’ll find yourself eating it with a spoon.
I could eat salted caramel sauce by the jar. As in, I could turn it up and guzzle it like it was a hot day & it was the only glass of water in site. But it’s not water. It’s caramel. Salted caramel. The BEST salted caramel at that. I mean… water would probably be healthier (ok, there’s no probably to it…it would be. Duh.) but salted caramel is so much yummier so there really is no comparison. I haven’t been able to convince my doctor of the same though.
I can’t believe that I haven’t yet shared the recipe for my homemade Salted Caramel Sauce yet! I was about to post a recipe that I just created for Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cake and realized, whoa – I don’t have my caramel recipe on the blog. Gotta fix that!
This sauce is amazing on almost everything,. Ice Cream, cake, apples, a spoon, etc. I wouldn’t advise it on meatloaf though. I think you’d be better off going with ice cream. 😉
Soooo… Hello. It’s me. I’m wondering if after all these years you’d like to eat…. my caramel sauce?
Oh, you do? Ok. Good. Here’s the recipe. 🙂
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps & eventually melt into a thick amber colored liquid. Be careful to not burn it.
- Once sugar is completely melted, add the butter immediately. Stir with a whisk until the butter is completely melted.
- Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to cool before using.
Make ahead: You can make this caramel in advance. Keep it covered tightly & store for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Warm the caramel for a few seconds in the microwave before using.