My Thanksgiving Timeline
- Make a grocery list
- Compare grocery sales & look thru my coupons to find the best possible deals
- Go grocery shopping!
- Set the turkey in the fridge!
- Clean the house
- Finish cleaning the house. Lock the kids up to avoid future messes – just kidding (maybe)
- Make the cranberry sauce
- Chop all the veggies & store in the fridge
- Make the yeast roll dough
- Get all my recipes out & put them in a basket in my kitchen
- Bake the breads for dressing. Doing it ahead of time gives it time to dry out a little.
Wednesday (1 day before) –
- Prep the Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes & store in fridge (you can make it with or without the toppings)
- Prep Praline Sweet Potatoes & store in fridge (bake on Thanksgiving)
- Make Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, & Chocolate Fudge Pie
- Make Deviled Eggs, store in fridge
- Brew 2 gallons of sweet tea
- Before going to bed, go through all the recipes & get out all the non-perishable ingredients for them. Place them inside the bakers that are going to be used along with each recipe & set on the counter.
- Set the table
- Get up early & gulp down several cups of coffee
- Get the turkey in the oven
- Make homemade whipped cream for the pies, refrigerate
- Prep the broccoli cheese casserole & dressing in the am….refrigerate until time to put it in the oven
- Make the macaroni & cheese – keep warm in crockpot
- Take the mashed potatoes & praline sweet potatoes out of the fridge & let come to room temp before baking
- Take the turkey out 1 hour before eating to rest! No dry turkey for me!
- While the turkey is resting, load up the oven with mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, & dressing using both racks – 2 items on each rack
- Once the sides are cooked, put in the prepped yeast rolls & bake (takes 7 minutes)
Do you have a timeline?