I have made a big change this past year in my life when it comes to my health. I have made a pledge to myself to exercise daily. And, let me tell you – I feel so much better since I kept this pledge to myself. Not only do I feel great, but I’ve even lost some weight along the way…
50 pounds GONE, my friends!! I’ve gone from a size 18 to a size 8 – woot, woot!
I lost all that weight by simply adding exercise into my daily routine. Since I’ve been exercising, I’ve been eating more types of food that give me a little energy boost before I hope on my treadmill. Granola bars are a big one, but the weather is hot now – so I’ve been on the lookout for a granola bar like food that can cool me down.
Enter these delicious frozen yogurt trail mix bars – packed with fruit, grains, & nuts.
These little bars are simply amazing. I love them and my kids love them too. Both healthy & delicious – total win, win in my book!
Here’s what you need:
Mix together the vanilla yogurt, diced up fruit (I use a mixture of strawberries & blueberries), sliced almonds, granola, & chocolate chips.
Line a 9×9 dish with tinfoil, and spread the yogurt mixture inside. Freeze for several hours until frozen & firm.
Once frozen, remove the tinfoil & yogurt bars from the dish.
Slice into bars, and store in a resealable container in the freezer.
- 32oz container vanilla low-fat or greek yogurt
- 1 to 1.5 cups of fruit, chopped
- 1 cup granola
- ½ to ¾ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Line a 9x9 casserole dish with tinfoil. Spread the yogurt mixture inside the dish. Freeze until frozen & firm. Remove the frozen yogurt bars from dish by pulling the tinfoil out. Slice into bars, store in the freezer.