Halloween Feetloaf – as in a delicious meatloaf crafted to look like a pair of feet. Perfect creepy dinner for Halloween!
I’ve got to share with y’all what my 6 year old son now thinks is the coolest thing ever to have for dinner. Halloween Feetloaf. As in meatloaf that is shaped to look like feet… aka, my little boys ‘dream dinner’ 😉
The feet themselves are crafted out of meatloaf…. nothing fancy, just whatever your favorite meatloaf is. The ‘severed leg’ look is made from laying just a slice of onion on that part drizzled with some ketchup. And the toenails? Pieces of onion too!
Did I mention how much my son loved this?
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- 1 sleeve of saltines, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 8oz tomato sauce
- salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
- onions, sliced to look like toenails - and circular slices of onion for the severed legs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the ground chuck, eggs, saltines, minced onion, & tomato sauce. Using your hands, fashion into a pair of two feet and ankles on a baking sheet. Place the onion slices over the 'severed ankles' - set the onion 'toenails' on the 'toes'. Pour some ketchup over the onion slices to complete the look.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until cooked through.