Blueberry Pomegranate Greek Yogurt Bark
This BLUEBERRY POMEGRANATE GREEK YOGURT BARK is a creamy, frozen treat that’s loaded with blueberries, pomegranate seeds and protein! It’s super simple to make too and you only need 4 INGREDIENTS!
Hi everyone! I’m Stacey, the girl behind Stacey Homemaker, where I share my favorite, easy recipes, and crafts. Are you looking forward to Labor Day? I am! It marks the end of summer for us and a transition into our new fall routine. Usually, we celebrate by going to a cook out or pool party, or we host it at our house. Either way, we end up outside all day, swimming and most importantly, eating!
The last pool party we had at our house, everyone brought a dish, potluck style. Except, only one person brought dessert, and it was a pie. Don’t get me wrong, I love pie, but it doesn’t really flow with the pool party vibe. After being outside all day, I’m craving ice cream sundaes, milkshakes, popsicles or some type of cold, frosty treat, like my Blueberry Mango Mint Sorbet. Aren’t you?
I promised myself that this would never happen again at one of my pool parties! I wanted an easy dessert that was cool and refreshing but not loaded with sugar. When I’m throwing a party, I try to plan as much as possible ahead of time, and do as much prep work the night before that I can. You can make these bars the night before and forget about then until you’re ready for dessert!
I came up with the perfect treat, Blueberry Pomegranate Greek Yogurt Bark. Instead of serving the kids or adults at your party, sugar-loaded ice cream or popsicles, substitute a greek yogurt bar! The kids will have no idea that they’re eating greek yogurt that’s full of protein instead of cream and sugar laden treats.
This greek yogurt bark is so creamy, and the pomegranate seeds give the perfect tangy bite. It’s the perfect treat to cool off with when you’ve been outside all day. I swear the kids will think they’re eating an ice cream bar. The pomegranate seeds are natural immune boosters and the blueberry are packed with antioxidants. You can eat as many of these that you want!
Note – I used frozen pomegranate seeds and frozen blueberries, but you can use fresh if you have it!
Isn’t the blueberry swirl such a pretty design?! I’ve made them before with just the pomegranate seeds and blueberries on top, but I like it with the blueberry swirl so much better!
Blueberry Pomegranate Yogurt Bark
- 1 T Coconut water
- 3 Cups greek yogurt
- 2-3 T Honey If you want it a little sweeter, use 3 T
- 1/2 Cup Frozen pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Cup Frozen blueberries
- Using a blender or food processor, add 1/4 cup blueberries and 1 T coconut water. Blend until smooth, set aside.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix the honey into the greek yogurt. Pout the greek yogurt onto the tray and spread it out in an even layer.
- Drizzle the blueberry puree you just made, over the tray of greek yogurt to make the swirl design.
- Sprinkle the blueberries and pomegranate seeds over the tray, fill in any blank spots.
- Freeze fo 5-6 hours, or until the middle is set.
- Remove and use a sharp knife to slice into squares or use the base of the knife to crack it into bark pieces.