Reese’s Cup Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Donuts
My Reese’s Cup Donuts are a peanut butter lovers dream! Rich baked peanut butter cake donuts glazed with milk chocolate & sprinkled with peanut butter cups!
Happy Donut Day! And welcome to another installment in #DonutWeek here on the Mrs! Today’s donut recipe? Reese’s Cup Donuts!! Woot, woot! And if you missed the Glazed Chocolate Donuts or the Maple Bacon Donuts, click on their names to go visit them. You’ll thank me later.
Reese’s Cups – they’re like a drug to me. You ever seen those old Pringles commercials that talk about ‘once you pop, you just can’t stop’? The same can definitely be said about Reese’s Cups. I can’t eat just one. Or two. Or three…. I don’t think I’m gonna admit how many I like to eat at one time.
So yeah – (crossing my fingers behind my back) – I only eat one. Because I’m a good girl like that who would rather eat kale over peanut butter cups. Imagine that I just said that with a straight face.
To these absolutely addictive, craving inducing, out-of-this-world, Reese’s Cup Donuts! Rich peanut butter donuts glazed simply with milk chocolate, & topped with chopped up peanut butter cups. ohmygosh…
These are baked, not fried – so please feel free to use this as an excuse to eat more than one – because they’ve gotta be healthier. At least, that’s what I’m gonna tell myself.
If you donut like peanut butter cups (see what I did there?), then don’t make this recipe. If you do like them, then carry on.
Mouth watering yet?
Cooks note: These are cake donuts & are rich. If you’re wanting a less rich donut, you can use the very light & airy batter from the Maple Bacon Donuts (which is not a peanut butter dough) and glaze with the chocolate & sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
Here’s what you need:
In a large bowl, combine 2/3 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup sour cream, & 1 packed cup brown sugar.
Beat in 2 eggs, 2/3 cup milk, & 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Gently stir in 2 cups of self rising flour (or mix together 2 cups all purpose flour with 2 teaspoons baking powder & 1/2 teaspoon salt, & then stir into the batter) until just combined, being careful not to over mix which can cause a really heavy donut.
Spoon the batter evenly into 12 donut cavities of donut pans that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
I got my donut pans from Amazon, you can find them here.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Cool for about 2 minutes in the pan, then turn the donut pan over a wire rack to flip the donuts out.
Cool the donuts slightly, until they can be handled comfortably.
Melt 2 cups of milk chocolate chips in the microwave. 30 seconds at first, then stir – and microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring after each time, until they’re melted.
Chop up some Reese’s Cups. Dip one side of each donut into the melted milk chocolate. Garnish with the chopped peanut butter cups. I like use the fun sized peanut butter cups, and chop them into 4 pieces.
These are sooooo delicious!
I made them the same day as my Maple Bacon Donuts – so we were definitely in donut heaven!
Channeling my inner Homer Simpson here…. Mmmmm, Donuts!
Reese's Cup Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Donuts
- 2/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self rising flour or use 2 cups all purpose & mix in 2 tsp baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- fun sized Reese's Cups as many as you want - chopped into 4 pieces each.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the peanut butter, sour cream, & brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, milk, & vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Spoon the batter into 12 donut pan cavities.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Once you're able to comfortably handle them, go ahead and glaze them.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at first; then stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring each time, until they're melted. Dip one side of the donut into the melted chocolate & sprinkle with chopped Reese's Cups while the glaze is still wet.
You may also like these delicious #DONUTWEEK RECIPES!!
Thomas would go crazy over these!! He loves
Reese Peanut Butter Cups!
Pingback: Best Ever Glazed Chocolate Donuts – Mrs Happy Homemaker
Pingback: Pineapple Upside Down Cake Donuts – Mrs Happy Homemaker
Pingback: Maple Bacon Donuts – Mrs Happy Homemaker