Easy Peasy S’mores Brownies
These Easy Peasy S’mores Brownies couldn’t be any simpler. They use a boxed brownie mix to make things super simple & they couldn’t be any more delicious.
This past weekend, my family went out to the Got to be NC Festival and we had such a great time. We got there at 2pm and didn’t leave until they closed, which was around 10pm. This was my 5 year old’s very first time at a place that had carnival rides – and boy, did he enjoy himself. He tried one kiddie ride and said ‘this is boring’ and he moved on to the bigger kid rides. Anything that he was tall enough to ride, he was on it – which was practically everything except for one ride as my boy is pretty tall for his age. He rode more things than my 15 year old daughter rode! The boy has no fear whatsoever.
And they had pony rides – and of course the littlest wanted to ride. Isn’t he a cutie-patootie? 🙂
The fair had all sorts of yummy fair food, as you would expect – but I’m not gonna even admit how much money I spent on my family of 5 to get unlimited ride bracelets…. so we held off and ate before we left and after we left, and brought snacks and drinks in my bag.
But, with all the signs (and smells) of foods like deep fried oreos, funnel cakes (check out my homemade funnel cakes here), and freshly churned ice cream… we were craving something sweet once we got home.
Good thing I have easy peasy dessert recipes like these S’mores Brownies in my arsenal!
These S’mores Brownies are everything you’d expect in a s’mores – graham crackers, melty chocolate, toasted gooey marshmallows…. and then they meet the wonderful chocolate-y goodness of a brownie. Oh baby – just thinking about it makes me salivate for them all over again!
They are dee. lish. us. For real.
Here’s what you need:
Crush about 10 graham crackers into graham cracker crumbs – about 1.5 cups. Mix the graham cracker crumbs into 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Line a square baking dish with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray, & press the buttered graham cracker crumbs into the bottom firmly.
Prepare your favorite brownie mix according to box directions. Spread it evenly over the graham cracker crumb crust.
Bake according to package directions – reducing the baking time by about 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle on 2 cups of milk chocolate chips & 1 10oz bag of mini marshmallows. Return to the oven on broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the marshmallows are nice and toasty. Let cool for about 5 minutes, and then remove the entire brownie square by pulling out the aluminum foil.
Slice & serve while they’re still warm because they’re the absolute best like this – just like s’mores usually are. But, they’re good at room temperature too – plus, there is always a microwave.
Man, these are unbelievable. SO, SO GOOD!!
Easy Peasy S'mores Brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- 1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs about 10 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 10 oz bag of miniature chocolate chips
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter. Line a square baking pan (8x8 or 9x9) with aluminum foil. Press the buttered graham cracker crumbs firmly into the bottom of the foil lined pan.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the box directions. Spread the brownie batter over top of the graham cracker crust. Bake according to the box directions, reducing the baking time by 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once baked, sprinkle on the milk chocolate chips & mini marshmallows. Set the oven to broil, and broil the brownies for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows are nice and toasty.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before lifting out the aluminum foil to remove the brownies.
You may also like these delicious recipes!