Easy Baked Apples with Granola & Dried Cranberries
These Easy Baked Apples are served warm with vanilla yogurt, crunchy granola, & dried cranberries. This is one of our favorite breakfasts but makes a fantastic dessert as well.
These baked apples topped with vanilla yogurt, granola & dried cranberries are so simple to prepare and are perfect for both breakfast and dessert.
I first had these at a bed & breakfast in the mountains of somewhere in North Carolina – the venue at this time shall remain unnamed. The stay at the place was by far the worst I ever had… the worst part being moldy & leaky accommodations that ended up ruining several of my personal belongings, including my newly purchased laptop because of water damage. I had booked 3 days, but left after the first. The place, obviously, wasn’t my favorite. The breakfast I had before checking out, in contrast, was so good it almost excused all bad. Almost. Laptops are expensive after all 😉
I don’t have the recipe for the ones I was served (guess I ran for the hills a little too fast for that one haha), but I did come home and recreate my own version & have to say that I think my version is even yummier.
This is by far one of my kids’ most favorite breakfasts. And desserts. But mainly, we serve this for breakfast.
To make this super quick, I use store-bought granola instead of making my own – but if you like, go ahead and make your own if you have a favorite.
As for granolas, I happen to really like the honey bunches of oats clusters granola in honey roasted for this particular recipe. Not an ad or sponsored thing, I just like the crunch and flavor. The ‘clusters’ were always my favorite parts of the honey bunches of oats cereal!
The apples are cut in half then topped with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, & a pinch of salt and then roasted in the oven at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until the apples are super tender. Let them cool about 5 minutes then, place them in a dish to serve & top with a little vanilla yogurt, granola, & dried cranberries while they are still nice & warm.
Easy Baked Apples with Yogurt, Granola, & Dried Cranberries
- 4 apples any kind you like, I like Granny Smith or gala personally, cut in half & cored
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 pats of butter about 1 tablespoon a piece
- pinch of salt
- your favorite granola I like Honey Bunches of Oats Granola
- vanilla yogurt
- dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange apple halves face up in a baking dish. Sprinkle each apple with a little of the cinnamon, sugar, and salt - then place a little pat of butter in the middle of each one. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until apples are super tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top the warm apples with vanilla yogurt, granola, & dried cranberries to taste. Serve warm.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!