Easy Berry Cream Danish
I love having a delicious Berry Cream Danish fresh out of the oven. So easy! They’re made with crescent roll dough to get them on your table in under 20 minutes!
I’m such a huge fan of refrigerated crescent roll dough. I use it in crescent rings, it makes my Grilled Cheese Bacon Crescent Squares a breeze, and um – can you say fried dough & cheese in these Grilled Cheese Fries? Yummm!!
So, quite understandably, I’m totally loving these delicious Berry Cream Danishes.
Literally, you can have fresh berries & cream danishes on your table in under 20 minutes flat. Couldn’t be simpler – seriously.
I love this recipe. My kids love this recipe too – and it’s something they can easily make too. When these come out of the oven, they disappear fast! You can make them without the icing drizzle too – but why would you?
These little gems are delicious – so quick & easy you can even make them fresh on a busy weekday morning. What a [email protected]
Here’s what you need:
Unroll the crescent roll dough on your countertop that you’ve lightly dusted with flour to keep it from sticking. Roll it out a little bit to get it to hold together. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can also use a can from the cupboard in a pinch if need be.
In a bowl, beat together 8oz of softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar & 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until creamy.
Spread the cream cheese over the crescent dough.
Spread a couple teaspoons of strawberry jam over the cream cheese. Or sub out for your favorite jam/jelly.
Roll up from the long end.
Slice the filled crescent rolls into about 1 1/2 inch rounds. Place them in a mini muffin pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
For the glaze, mix together 1 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract & 3 tablespoons milk. (or more if needed) Beat until creamy, adding a dash more milk if needed for the desired consistency.
Easy Berry Cream Danishes
- For the danishes:
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam/jelly or substitute your favorite jam
- flour for dusting
- For the glaze:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk or more if needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it out a bit just to hold it together & thin it out a bit. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, & vanilla extract. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough. Spread the strawberry jam over the cream cheese. Roll up from the long ends into a tube shape. Press the 'tube' with your hands to tighten the interior. Slice into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Place in a mini muffin pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Beat together the glaze ingredients. Drizzle on top of the warm danishes & serve immediately.