Easy Nutella Rolls
These Nutella Rolls are so super duper easy & absolutely delicious! The best part is that all you need is 2 ingredients!
Nutella. There should be a support group for those of us (like me) who are hopelessly addicted to it. I know I can’t be the only one who could sit down with a spoon & eat the the entire jar in one sitting. I mean, that’s comfort food at it’s best – right? 😉
It’s a good thing that I just so happened to have a couple jars of it in my pantry AND I’m in the middle of a pantry challenge. That’s the only excuse I needed to incorporate it into a recipe. I always have tubes of crescent rolls in my fridge – and I just knew the two would partner beautifully. I took the method from my easy berry danishes but I used Nutella instead of jam, and the results were absolutely amazing.
The only thing you need to make these are crescent roll dough & Nutella. You can go further & ice them with cream cheese frosting, but it’s totally not necessary. I adore frosting though, almost as much as I love Nutella – so it was a must for me and my waistline.
Lightly flour your working surface so that your crescent roll dough doesn’t stick. Lightly roll out your crescent dough so that the triangles all stick together & you have one solid rectangle of dough. Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons of Nutella evenly over the crescent roll dough.
Roll it up lengthwise into a long yummy roll. Slice into 1.5″ inch pieces.
You can do these 2 different ways. You can make large rolls where you use 3 of your 1.5″ slices in each muffin tin cup – like so.
Or, you can use mini muffin cups & place just one roll in each cup.
If you’re making the large rolls, bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. If you’re making the minis, bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
The large ones are my fave, but they’re both delicious. Here’s what the large ones look like fully baked. Aren’t they pretty?
Eat them plain, or frost them with cream cheese frosting (homemade or store-bought).
Printable recipe after the video tutorial!
3 Ingredient Nutella Rolls
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough
- 3-4 tablespoons of Nutella
- cream cheese frosting optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Roll out the crescent roll dough lightly so that the crescent triangles all stick together, forming one solid rectangle shaped dough. Evenly spread the Nutella over the crescent roll dough. Roll up lengthwise & slice into 1.5" rolls.
- To make large Nutella rolls, place 3 of the slices into a regular sized muffin tin. To make the minis, place one roll each into a mini muffin tin. Bake the large ones for 12-15 minutes & the mini ones for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve by themselves or top with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows).
Cream cheese frosting:
- stick of butter, softened
- ounces cream cheese, softened
- cups confectioners’ sugar
- tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cream the above ingredients together.