Low Calorie Strawberry Cobbler
This Low Calorie Strawberry Cobbler is so good! Serve with a dollop of fat-free cool whip, & you’ve got an indulgent treat with less than 200 calories!
I’ve been on a bit of a strawberry kick lately. But, I can’t help it. This is the best time for fresh strawberries, and I literally can’t get enough. I just love it when the middles are red to the core, after just being picked or purchased from a pick-your-own farm. I literally buy them by the gallon.
eating making a lot of strawberry desserts lately… so I started thinking that I needed a low-calorie dessert to make up for it. This strawberry cobbler was the thing… Each serving has less than 200 calories. And, it doesn’t taste like low calorie at all. My kids couldn’t even tell a difference…
Here’s what you need:
First, core & slice a quart of strawberries. You can also use more strawberries if you want – it won’t make a difference in how the recipe turns out..
Lay the strawberries in a large baking dish or casserole dish that you’ve sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of Splenda or sugar on top of the strawberries if you want – let stand for 15 minutes. This is to get the juices flowing. You can also opt to skip this step – the results will still be good!
Whisk togehter 1 box of white cake mix with 1 can of Sprite Zero – or another calorie free soda of your choosing. It will get all fizzy, and that’s when the magic starts happening. The air bubbles get all into the cake making for a moist & low calorie treat.
Pour it on top of the strawberries.
Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving. I like mine with a dollop of fat-free cool whip, yumm.
- 1 quart of strawberries (or more), hulled & sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons of Splenda or sugar (optional) just to get the strawberry juices flowing (optional)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can diet calorie free soda, like Sprite Zero
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the strawberries in a large casserole dish. Sprinkle on 1-2 teaspoons of Splenda or sugar, just to get the strawberry juices flowing. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the cake mix & soda. Pour on top of the strawberries. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fat-free cool whip if desired.