Quick & Easy Sweet & Savory Baked Pork Chops
This recipe is something I have been wanting to share with you all for a while. It’s my ‘go-to’ dish for pork chops, and it’s awesome, ya’ll.
And, so – so simple!
Not counting salt & pepper, this dish has just 5 ingredients – and only takes minutes to prep before finishing off in the oven. I created it when I was going to make another dish, and realized I didn’t have the ingredients to do. Happens to all of us right? This time though, it proved to be a good thing – and I ended up with a pork dish that my husband went on & on about how delicious it was.
It’s a little bit of sweet, a little bit of savory, and a whole lotta flavor.
And, I’m serious by how little time it takes to prep. Follow along with me – you’ll see.
Sprinkle some thin to medium cut pork chops with salt & pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, and add in the chops. Cook on medium-high heat until nicely browned on each side.
When browned, transfer the pork chops to a baking dish and sprinkle the top with steak seasoning (optional).
Stir the onions into the butter in the hot skillet. Stir in the brown sugar & Worcestershire sauce, cook on medium-high heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onion mixture will turn dark & lovely.
Pour this mixture over the pork chops.
Cover with tinfoil, & bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The sauce doubles in the oven, so make sure you spoon every bit of extra sauce on the pork chops – and into cups to dip individual bites in.
Such a simple thing – but oh, so good.
Printable recipe after the video tutorial!
Quick & Easy Sweet & Savory Pork Chops
- 4 thin to medium cut boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large sweet onion like vidalia, sliced
- salt pepper, & steak seasoning to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium-high heat. Season the pork chops on each side with salt & pepper. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Transfer the chops to a 2 quart casserole dish, leaving the burner on. Sprinkle the pork chops with steak seasoning.
- Add the sliced onion, brown sugar, & Worcestershire sauce to the butter in the skillet. Cook for 7 minutes. The mixture will be dark & lovely. Pour the onion mixture evenly on top of the pork chops. Cover with tin foil & bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce spooned on top, and/or with the sauce in a dipping cup.