Chicken Patty Parmesan
If you love chicken parmesan and quick & easy meals like I do – then you’re gonna love this Chicken Patty Parmesan. It ready in less than 30 minutes!
Last week was absolutely exhausting. Most of you know that I’ve ran an antique booth for a while at a local antique mall. Well, that antique mall is closing their doors after 19 years and it’s happening soon. The last day of business is June 9, so there’s a rush upon me to move everything out. I have rented booths at a couple other local antique stores, so a good portion of last week was spent trying to get things moved out of the old booths and into the new ones. The stores are not even close to being done yet and I worked myself silly! Even pulled an all nighter…and quickly realized I’m WAY past the age of pulling an all nighter.
I’m not only moving stock from the old booth to the new ones, but I’m also working to acquire more stock, decorate the new stores, etc. I will be sure to post more about them as they move forward for those who are interested. There is a lot more work to get done… and I am looking forward to sharing more of the details with you.
I wanted to hop on here though and share with you this new 30 minute meal recipe that I’ve fallen in love with before I head back to the land of antiques. Part food blogger, part antique dealer…
I got the idea from Rachael Ray (the queen of 30 minute meals) and I’ve made it several times ever since. It comes together really fast & the leftovers are delicious – even better the second time around. I’m a big fan of Chicken Parm anyway and the idea of a super fast Chicken Patty Parm is absolutely genius. If you have a favorite store-bought marinara sauce, you can make this even faster too.
It’s really so easy…
You just mix your ground chicken with the other patty ingredients & form patties – just like you would a hamburger.
Drizzle them with a little olive oil, place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, & bake those babies up.
The chicken patties cook up in just 15 minutes!
Don’t they look good already?
Now, you top them with marinara sauce (easy homemade recipe at the bottom of this post or use your favorite store-bought) & plenty of mozzarella & parmesan.
Pop them back into the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese – and that’s it.
Have mercy… (t0tally channeling my inner Uncle Jesse here and that’s ok – this is a recipe that calls for it).
Serve it alongside a salad or pasta or on a bun…or however else you want to eat it. This Chicken Patty Parmesan is absolutely delicious!
Chicken Patty Parmesan
For the chicken patties:
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- olive oil to drizzle
- For the sauce: you can also use your favorite store-bought
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow or white onion minced
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 28 oz can of Italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Like 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the meat & fill with the breadcrumbs. Moisten them with the milk and add the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil. Form into 8 large but thin patties & place on the baking sheets. Drizzle each patty with a little olive oil.
- Place them in the oven & cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce... (if making homemade).
- Combine the butter & olive oil in a deep skillet or sauce pan. Add the onions & season with salt and pepper. Cook the onions until they are soft and translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook, while stirring, for another minute. Add the tomato paste & chicken broth and bring to a light boil. Add the tomatoes to the sauce and season with red pepper flakes and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer to thicken a bit.
- Top the chicken patties with marinara sauce. Sprinkle the patties evenly with the mozzarella & parmesan cheese. Put back into the oven to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.