Whole30 Berries & Cream Breakfast Crisp (No Added Sugar)
Berries & Cream Breakfast Crisp – this makes for a delicious egg free Whole30 breakfast OR a healthy dessert idea. It has no added sugar, only 4 ingredients, & is ready to eat in 15 minutes!
If you don’t use the ghee, then it’s also completely dairy free as well.
I have been on a mission to come up with a few egg-free breakfast ideas that are also Whole30. Being a little sensitive to egg whites can make it difficult to consume them every morning, and since eggs are a huge part of the Whole30 diet – it does require some creativity.
This Berries & Cream Breakfast Crisp is among my very favorite breakfasts thus far. It’s simple to make & is ready in a matter of minutes… a definite for any breakfast recipe on a busy morning. You can make this the night before too & heat it up the next morning. I prefer to reheat it in the oven (325 degrees til warmed, about 5-8 mins) rather than the microwave.
Oh – and hey… it only has 4 ingredients!!
It has no added sugar, the only sugar in it is what’s naturally already inside the berries.
It’s also dairy free if you don’t use the ghee. The cream in the berries is actually drizzles of coconut cream. The coconut cream adds a layer of decadence to it without adding anything that isn’t healthy at the same time. You can find the coconut cream in the ethnic food aisle at the grocery store, it’s sold in a can. You can also find it on Amazon.
The coconut cream does have a slight coconut flavor to it so if you are a huge coconut hater, you can opt to leave it out and just have a plain berry breakfast skillet instead.
The crispy topping is actually made from crumbled up cashew cookie larabars – but I usually make my own. The recipe to make your own is only 2 ingredients with no baking required, so you can make up a batch in a jiffy. You can also choose to purchase them already made.
Not only is this a delicious breakfast idea, but it makes a phenomenal healthy dessert too as well.
Whole30 Berries & Cream Breakfast Crisp
- 2-3 crumbled cashew cookie larabars depending on how much topping you want (you can make your own with this 2 ingredient recipe)
- 1 teaspoon ghee melted (or a little more if you need it)
- 3.5 cups mixed berries - I used a mix of fresh strawberries blueberries, & blackberries. You can use frozen berries too, but it will be a little watery
- canned unsweetened coconut cream room temperature - whisked til creamy
- Preheat you oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted ghee with the crumbled cashew cookie bars. Set aside.
- Pour the berries into a small casserole dish (about 8x8) or small cast iron skillet. If you're using a dish that tends to stick, give it a quick spray with some ghee nonstick cooking spray or brush some melted ghee on the insides before adding the berries.
- Sprinkle the ghee coated crumbled cashew cookie bars over top of the berries.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with the coconut cream.
You may also like these 2 Ingredient Cashew Cookie Copycat Larabars!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!