For the past week, I haven’t been here. First was the problems with blogger & then came lots of work outside. I have been working alongside my hubby to get the chicken coop ready by this coming weekend as the chickens are getting pretty darned big faster than I expected! Good news is that we are pretty much done – just a few more things to do. When it’s done, you better believe I’m going to post some pics to share with all of you!
A few weeks ago, I posted our menu plan for the week (which I didn’t get a chance to do yesterday…blame it on the coop!) and under the lunches, I had listed Pineapple Casserole. Well, I got a few curious comments & emails, so I figured it was about time to share this awesomely delicious recipe with ya’ll.
Here is what you need:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 2 quart casserole dish. Blend together 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice, sugar, flour, & melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- 2 20oz cans Pineapple Chunks, juice reserved
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 single pouch of Ritz crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup butter melted (for the topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and butter a 2 quart casserole dish. Blend together 6 tablespoons of pineapple juice, sugar, flour, & melted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the pineapple & cheese; mix well & pour into your casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Mix the crushed crackers & melted butter together; sprinkle on top. Reduce the heat of the oven to 300 degrees, and bake the casserole for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.