Pumpkin Chocolate Toffee Trifle
Pumpkin Chocolate Toffee Trifle – I can not even begin to tell you how delicious this combination is together. This trifle recipe is a family favorite!
This is most definitely the time of year where pumpkin dishes are widely consumed. I mean, do you eat much pumpkin in the Spring or Summer? But most of the time, that pumpkin is eaten inside of a pie or cake roll – and not eaten in too many other forms.
I love pumpkin though. And, I don’t want to eat it in just pies in cake rolls. I want some pumpkinriety.
Pumpkinriety: using pumpkin in a variety of dishes 😉
Pumpkin Chocolate Toffee Trifle. Now, some people wouldn’t think that chocolate & toffee would mesh well with pumpkin – and those people, my friends, are so very wrong. They match PERFECTLY.
This trifle is positively amazing. So delicious that you may just need to hide you a few servings separate from the bowl to make sure you get your fair share. Speaking of, I probably should have done that myself. This one gets gone fast around here. My late husband, Michael, used to despise pumpkin – but he LOVED this one. So, even those who don’t really care for pumpkin may like this one too. That toffee & chocolate just balance balance the pumpkin cream beautifully.
This fantastic bowl of goodness features layers of pumpkin marshmallow cream, chocolate cream, chocolate wafer cookies (like Oreos) & toffee – and it is out of this world.
This one is a real keeper, y’all. If you make it, let me know what you think in the comments or tag me on Instagram at @MrsHappyHomemaker or hashtag it #MrsHappyHomemaker so I can see too!
Pumpkin Chocolate Toffee Trifle
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 4 cups heavy cream divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar divided
- 1 7.5oz container marshmallow cream
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 6 1.4oz chocolate covered toffee bars, divided
- 1 18 oz package chocolate wafer cookies like Oreos
- In a small saucepan, melt the bittersweet chocolate with 1/2 cup of the heavy cream on medium/low heat until smooth. Set aside (or refrigerate for a short time) to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, whip 2 cups of heavy cream with 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar & 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract until stiff.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin & marshmallow cream. Gently fold in the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture, working in 2 batches. Refrigerate.
- Add the remaining 1.5 cups of heavy cream & 1 cup of confectioners sugar to your mixer bowl & whip until thickened. With the machine on, slowly add the cooled chocolate mixture & the remaining 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract; beat until stiff.
- Spread half of the chocolate cream in a 4 quart clear bowl or trifle bowl. Layer with one-third of the toffee. Stand 8 cookies on their edges around the perimeter of the bowl. Then, make a layer of cookies in the inside of your cookie circle, laying these cookies flat instead of upright. Spread a layer of pumpkin cream on top of the cookies; then the remaining chocolate cream, another 1/3 of the toffee, followed by the last layer of cookies. Top the trifle with the rest of the pumpkin cream & toffee.
- Cover & refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.