So, they say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day – but it seems that is the one meal that we spend the least amount of time preparing. Most of the time, it’s a bowl of cereal, a cup of coffee, or the dreaded cold Pop-Tart.
Well, put those cold pop-tarts back down, & whip some of these awesome Sausage Omelets up for your family. They don’t require much time or effort, but they sure are good.
Saute up 1/2 pound of sausage, & 1 large onion.
I am making 4 nice sized omelets, so I am using about 10 eggs.
Pour in a splash of milk, 4 tablespoons of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of ground mustard, and salt & pepper to taste.
Scramble them up well with a whisk, & pour enough in a hot, buttered omelet pan to cover the bottom.
Cook on medium heat, & flip after a couple of minutes. If you are a pro, you can just toss it & flip. However, if you are like me, you will use a large spatula to avoid egg splatters on the ceiling & the television in the other room.
Place a couple slices of good ol’ American cheese down the middle of the omelet…
Then some sauteed onion…
Followed by the cooked sausage.
Now, time to carefully roll it up!
I like to drizzle on a little bit of hot sauce & a good sprinkling of shredded cheese.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 large onion sliced - and sauteed
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- splash of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of American cheese
- a pat of butter
- a few drizzles of hot sauce optional
- shredded cheese to taste optional
- With a whisk, beat the eggs, sour cream, ground mustard, milk, and salt & pepper.
- Preheat an omelet pan on medium heat & melt the butter. Pour enough egg to
- cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes, then flip. Cover with
- cheese, onions, & sausage. Roll up - then sprinkle a little hot sauce &
- shredded cheese on top if you wish.