No Bake Praline Cookies
These No Bake Praline Cookies taste almost identical to pralines but are way easier. You might not want to share these with anyone. They’re just too good!
Pralines have long time been one of my very favorite treats. I crave them. Like all the time.
Recently I went to a certain gourmet store – well, gourmet for this small town girl, that is. Anywho, while I was there – I spotted a basket full of these amazing looking pralines beside the cash register. Instant craving hit. I had to buy one! And for $3 a pop, I expected it to be ah-mazing. I couldn’t even wait til I got home to eat it, I was unwrapping it as I was walking to the car. I took that first bite, a bite that should have been full of deliciousness. But sadly, it was not full of deliciousness. It didn’t even taste right. Immediately, I checked the ingredient label and to my surprise, they had almonds in them & not pecans!
Shouldn’t they have been labeled them ‘Almond Pralines’ or better yet – ‘Not Pralines’? Pralines have pecans! Isn’t that the whole point?
So, then I’m left craving a good praline even more – especially after my bite of that overly priced praline impostor.
I needed a praline. Actually needed. As in my basic needs for survival are now food, water, shelter, & pralines. I figured it was the perfect time to whip up a batch of one of my most favoritest easy desserts – one that tastes just like pralines. I mean, they are NOT pralines, but they taste like them and they are super duper easy. I’ve been known to eat the entire batch of – in like less than 24 hours. Oops.
Here’s what you need:
In a bowl, combine 2.5 cups of pecans & 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes.
In a saucepan over medium high heat, stir together 2.5 cups sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup corn syrup, & a stick of butter.
Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil while stirring – once it’s been brought to a boil, continue to cook another 3 minutes while still stirring.
Remove the pot from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract along with the coconut/pecan mixture.
Drop by tablespoonfuls on a piece of wax paper or non-stick cooking spray.
Let cool so that the cookies harden completely. Enjoy!
No Bake Praline Cookies
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, combine coconut and pecans; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, milk, corn syrup, & butter. Heat while stirring until the mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Let it boil while stirring for 3 minutes. Remove the pot from heat & stir in the vanilla extract along with the coconut/pecan mixture. Stir the mixture well to combine after you remove it from the heat.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on wax paper or nonstick aluminum foil. Allow to cool so that the cookies harden completely.