‘Skeleton in the Grave’ Dirt Cups #HalloweenTreatsWeek
These ‘Skeleton in the Grave’ Dirt Cups are a fun, no-bake Halloween treat that kids & adults alike will love. They are so easy that even your littlest of kids can help make them.
Welcome to Day 4 of #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I’ve teamed up with a great group of sponsors & they sent some free goodies to make this week of recipes happened. As always, all opinions & general chit chat is all 100% me.
I hope that you all are enjoying these new, easy Halloween recipes that I have been posting as much I have enjoyed sharing them all with you. I’m self admittedly not much of a decorator, so I love finding creative ways to make treats look cute (and match holidays/occasions) in very simple ways. I can’t pipe a pretty frosting rose to save my life, but I can wrap some KitKats around a cake & dot it with teddy grahams to make it look cute, stick some cotton candy on some cupcakes to make spooky smoke, & make the prettiest Valentine’s cake with conversation hearts & teddy grahams (gotta love those teddy grahams – they’re just so adorable).
I’ve gotten pretty darn good at making simple treats that look pretty cool, with zero skill. (zero skill at decorating – yup, that’d be me!)
I am really loving these Skeleton Dirt Cups. All my recipes during #HalloweenTreatsWeek come together really fast & this one is no different.
I used Wilton’s skeleton candy mold & melted almond bark to make the bones. After I melted the almond bark in the microwave, I just poured it into the Wilton bone molds & popped it into the fridge (you could use the freezer too to hurry it along) until it was set. I sprayed my molds with nonstick cooking spray before I poured in the almond bark to make it pop right out once it had hardened.
The dirt was made from layers of crushed up Oreo cookies & chocolate pudding. Can’t really get any simpler than that!
Once both the almond bark bones & gravestones were set, I removed them from their molds & made the dirt cups. I used clear plastic party cups (you could use any smaller glass cup that you can easily see through) & layered crushed cookies & pudding halfway up the cups. Then, I began sticking ‘bones’ around the edge of the cups & layered the remaining cookies and pudding around it, trying to be careful not to get much of it between the cup & the bones so you can easily see them. Top the dirt cups with crushed Oreos & an almond bark gravestone. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you eat them.
'Skeleton in the Grave' Dirt Cups
- instant chocolate pudding prepared according to box directions
- crushed up Oreo cookies
- gravestones made with melted vanilla almond bark or candiquik & molds (or already made candy gravestones)
- skeleton bones made with melted vanilla almond bark or candiquik & molds (or already made candy bones)
- clear plastic party cups or other clear cups
- Layer crushed Oreo cookies & chocolate pudding halfway up in your cups. Stick in the skeleton bones, with the fronts facing towards the outside of the glass, looking out. Layer the remaining chocolate pudding & Oreos in, finishing with the Oreos, being careful not to get them between the 'bones' and the glass.
- Top with an almond bark gravestone.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Hocus Pocus Spellbook Cookie Sandwiches from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Cupcakes from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Spider Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Skeleton in the Grave Dirt Cups from Mrs Happy Homemaker
- Super Spooky Graveyard Cake from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Mousse Ice Cream Cones from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Monster Snack Mix from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Royal Icing Eyeballs from Kudos Kitchen
- Black Chocolate Cupcakes Filled with Slime from The Baking Fairy
- The Crypt Keeper Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Deviled Tea Eggs from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jack-O-Lantern Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Halloween Candy Cookie Skillet from Katie’s Cucina
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!