Steak and Potato Kabobs
Are you a meat and potatoes kinda person? These Steak and Potato Kabobs are right up your alley then! Serve alongside a salad, and you have a whole meal!
These Steak and Potato (or Steak n’ Tater as we say in my home!) Kabobs are super easy to make and sure to please.
It’s a steak and potato dinner, but deconstructed on a stick! Great for a meal, cookouts, parties, tailgating, and camping. So basically, no matter the occasion… this will suit it. 😉
What you serve with Steak and Potato Kabobs?
These are pretty filling on it’s own, so I usually just serve mine with some variety of salad, vegetable or pasta. Here are some of my favorites to make along with these kabobs.
- Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Elote Salad (Mexican Corn Salad)
- Green Bean Salad
- Tomato Caprese Salad
- Shrimp, Tomato, Chick Pea Salad
A bag of salad mix with your favorite salad dressing works too.
What do you need to make these Steak n’ Tater Kabobs?
- Onion (leave off if you don’t like it!)
- a simple marinade/sauce made from steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning (recipe at the bottom of the post)
- Maybe a jalapeno if you like it spicy…
- and skewers!
Steak n’ Tater Kabobs
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes - or use bigger chunks if you like your meat more on the rare side
- 4 large potatoes skin on – chopped into large chunks
- 2 medium onions cut in half – and layers seperated
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- wooden skewers soaked for 30 minutes in water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, & black pepper. Set aside.
- Mix the potato chunks with the water in a medium sized dish, cover with vented plastic wrap, and cook for 6 minutes in the microwave. Drain the water, & set the potatoes to the side to cool enough to handle. OR - use a baked potato.
- Thread the skewer through the kabob components as so: First a steak cube, then an onion layer, a potato, another onion layer, & finishing off with another steak cube. Do this until all the steak & potatoes have been used.
- Brush the entire kabob with the sauce mixture. Grill on med-high heat for 5 minutes. Turn; and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes – basting with the remaining sauce.