Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops
Ready for the recipe? Of course you are. Why else would you be here? Oh wait, that’s right. For the GSCAS support group. We meet down the hall, second door on the right.
Here’s what you need:
Set out two pie dishes, or similar kind of dish. In one dish, whisk together 2 eggs and a couple splashes of milk – and in the other, mix together your bread crumbs, shredded cheese, & bacon bits.
Now, I’ve tried freshly fried bacon with this too…but it just doesn’t taste as good. Go figure.
Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture on top of the pork chops, and press down lightly.
Printable recipe after video!
Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops
- 4 boneless medium thickness pork chops
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1.5 oz real bacon bits half of a 3oz package
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar or cheddar blend cheese
- chopped green onions to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Set out 2 pie dishes, or similar dish. In one, whisk together the eggs & milk. In the other, mix together the bacon bits, bread crumbs, & 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg/milk mixture & then into the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess crumbs & then dip back into the egg/milk mixture again. Dredge in the breadcrumb combination & press the mixture into each side.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, and place the pork chops in. Cast iron works best as it helps crisp the crust better, but it’s not a necessity if you don’t have one. Sprinkle on any remaining breadcrumb mixture, and press down lightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping over halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese & return to the oven for 2 minute, just enough to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Pinned! This looks super yummy, my husband and son would gobble this up. 🙂
Ok I recognized your black-eyed peas and biscuits but what that other awesome looking dish?
Those pork chops look amazing! Can’t wait to try them.
It’s my squash casserole, Heather 🙂 Here’s the link to the recipe ~> https://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2012/08/my-perfect-squash-casserole.html
Yum! These sound fantastic! Can’t wait to give them a try!
These look SO good! I know my family will love them. Coming over to visit from Tempt my Tummy Tuesday. Would love for you to come join us at “Try a New Recipe Tuesday.” 🙂 Many blessings, Lisa http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com
Those look superly good – stopping in from Hunk of Meat Monday incredibly late 🙂
HI, I have a family of eight, would I double the ingredients or triple the ingredients for 16 pork chops?
The recipe calls for 4 pork chops, so I would triple or even quadruple it.
Pingback: Bacon Guacamole - Mrs Happy Homemaker
Pingback: Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops | Terrified In the Kitchen
Just put this meal in the oven. Can’t wait to try it – smells delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I bet if you added garlic and ranch seasoning to this mix it would be really good.
That does sound good!
I made this a few weeks ago for my large family of 6 including two toddlers who don’t like to eat anything unless it’s sweet or has a cartoon character on it. I put these on their plate, paired with roasted red potatoes and glazed carrots, and let me tell you: THEY. TORE. IT. UP. Now this recipe is a staple in our home. Thank you so so so so so much for sharing!!
What would you pair this with. Mashed potatoes and a veggie or could you still pull off Mac n cheese and applesauce. (I have a picky niece)
Pingback: Gluten Free Weekly Menu July 20 2015 - I'm A CeliacI'm A Celiac
Anyone know if the meet could be supplemented with chicken or beef? My family is not a huge fan of pork. Thanks!!
I’ve never tried this with beef but it’s really good with chicken!
Pingback: Ranch Pork Chop & Potato Casserole with Cheddar Gravy