Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic & Dried Cranberries
Balsamic Cranberry Roasted Brussel Sprouts – roasted to perfection & drizzled with a balsamic glaze & dried cranberries. So yummy & they are really pretty too. Great for a holiday dinner or a weeknight meal!
When I was a kid, I used to hate Brussel sprouts. Like absolutely hate them. My mom would make them & I’d refuse to eat them. However, you didn’t just refuse to eat food in my house. You had to sit at the table til it was all gone… even if it meant hours. My dad wasn’t really a huge fan of Brussel sprouts either, but he was still a stickler to the whole ‘clean your plate’ thing. So, he developed a way for us to both get our Brussel sprouts off our plain with minimal ‘pain’ and it became our Brussel sprouts eating routine. The moment we finished saying grace & began to eat, Daddy and I would proceed to hold our noses (because holding your nose keeps your from smelling them, so therefor you don’t taste them as much) and eat them all immediately to ‘get them over with’. I can still see the steam coming from Mama’s ears as we held our noses & ‘got it over with’ over her self described perfectly seasoned Brussel sprouts.
Fast forward many moons later, and somehow – I like Brussel sprouts. I can eat them about any way, but my absolute favorite way to eat them is to roast them. They are like popcorn to me.
Most the time when I cook Brussel sprouts, I just season them with a little olive oil, garlic salt, & pepper and roast them away. But on special occasions, such as Christmas, I like to fancy them up a little bit with the addition of balsamic glaze & dried cranberries. It’s such an easy addition, and a simple recipe – and the colors!! Oh, the colors. This dish really is so pretty! But most importantly, it tastes amazing.
You can choose to make your own balsamic glaze, but I like easy – so I opt to use Rachael Ray’s Balsamic Drizzle (not a sponsored post, I just like it). It’s pretty delicious stuff.
Balsamic Cranberry Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 3 pounds Brussel sprouts trimmed & cleaned
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of balsamic glaze I use Rachael Ray's Balsamic Drizzle
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- You can choose to leave your Brussel sprouts whole or cut them in half. I usually leave them whole for this dish unless my Brussel sprouts are really large. Arrange the Brussel sprouts on your baking sheet(s) & toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt & pepper.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, but if you have small Brussel sprouts or you cut them in half, start checking on them after 20 minutes as they can cook faster.
- Drizzle the Brussel sprouts with the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle on the dried cranberries. Toss & serve immediately.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for your support to help keep this site running!