Seasoned Air Fryer Broccoli
Who doesn’t love broccoli? I love broccoli, and we eat it a lot, and when I want an easy-to-make super-flavorful broccoli side dish, I turn to this Seasoned Air Fryer Broccoli. It’s crispy, has a lovely roasted flavor, and the spices and cheese make it the star of the plate!
Broccoli is one of those wonder vegetables: it’s available year-round, affordable, and versatile. From simple steamed broccoli to stir-fries, broccoli can do almost anything!
Can you cook broccoli in an air fryer? Heck yes! It’s one of my favorite ways to cook it. Boiled broccoli is too watery, steamed broccoli is too boring, I don’t always have time to stir-fry broccoli, and oven-roasted broccoli heats up the kitchen.
So, when I want a no-fuss dish loaded with flavor, this Seasoned Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is my go-to, and it’s the best air fryer broccoli recipe! I love how easy it is to toss the broccoli with the seasoning and air fry it until it is roasty and toasty. That’s it!
- Broccoli – fresh broccoli cut into large bite-sized pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil – or melted butter
- Garlic powder – don’t add more salt if you use garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese – an optional garnish
The Best Broccoli to Air Fry
You may have noticed that broccoli florets cook differently from the broccoli stems. I recommend using broccoli florets in this recipe because they’ll cook more evenly, and they get a lovely roasted flavor and soak up all the spices.
Buy broccoli crowns from the grocery store – 1 to 2 crowns are sufficient for this recipe – and cut those into large bite-sized pieces.
Frozen broccoli won’t work as well in this recipe, and if you buy broccoli with the stem attached, I recommend just using the broccoli florets and saving the stems for soup or chopping them up into a salad.
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli
- Preheat your air fryer to 400-F.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl that’s large enough to hold – and toss – all the broccoli.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl and toss, coating the broccoli with the seasoning.
- Place the broccoli into the air fryer basket (or onto the tray) of your air fryer.
- Cook at 400-F for 10 minutes, shaking or tossing halfway through.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like some spice in this healthy side dish.
- Add ½ teaspoon of curry powder to the seasoning mixture to give it a curry flavor.
- Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and ½ teaspoon of honey to the seasoning mixture for an Asian spin on this air fryer roasted broccoli.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Broccoli
- Broccoli should be washed before cooking, but give it a good shake to remove any residual water so that the seasoning sticks to it.
- Use evenly sized broccoli florets for even cooking.
- Preheating your air fryer is important, but every air fryer cooks differently. Your broccoli is cooked when it is fork-tender but still a bit crisp.
How to Serve
This delicious air-fried broccoli recipe goes so well with so many different dishes! I love serving it with chicken Parmesan, burgers, steaks, braised short ribs, and more! The best part about this air fryer broccoli recipe is that the flavors are fabulous, but they won’t compete with other sides and most meat dishes.
Air-fried broccoli leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just reheat it in your air fryer, or eat it cold. It’s delicious cold, too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! This is a super-easy recipe, and with flavor in every bite, it’s also delicious! Just mix the seasoning, toss it with the broccoli, and air fry. That’s it!
There’s some oil in this dish, so there’s some fat, but they’re good fats. The rest is seasoning and broccoli, so yes, this is a healthy broccoli recipe!
Broccoli can and will burn in the air fryer unless you keep an eye on it. By mixing the spices with oil and then evenly coating the broccoli florets, your broccoli shouldn’t burn – provided you don’t overcook it. Preheating your air fryer is also very important.
Seasoned Air Fryer Broccoli
- 12 Oz fresh broccoli florets cut into even, small pieces
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp onion powder
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1/8 Tsp black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish, optional
- Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, & pepper in a bowl. Add in the broccoli florets & toss to combine, taking care to make sure the florets are evenly coated.
- Put the broccoli into the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking halfway though. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.