Birthday Cake Fudgy Brownies
Ok, ever since I made the Cookies & Cream Fudgy Brownies – I have been craving more. I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients to make another batch – and when I got to the cookie aisle, I saw these….
Birthday Cake Oreos!
I had an epiphany… right there in the cookie aisle. Birthday Cake Fudgy Brownies. Oh. Yeah.
Obviously, I needed another ‘birthday cake’ element to complete these brownies. In the original recipe, it called for cookies & cream ice cream to be mixed into the brownie batter. So, I decided to switch that out with birthday cake ice cream.
The combination of all the ingredients made a decadent, fudgy, birthday cake-y (you know you like my made up words), colorful brownie. Oh. my. gosh. They are SO good. Instant addiction.
This is SO easy to make.
Check it out…
You are going to love how simple this is.
First off, mix up the brownie mix according to directions, omitting the water. Into the brownie batter, stir in 3/4 cup softened birthday cake ice cream & 1/3 cup hot fudge topping.
Pour half of the batter into a 8×8 square baking dish. (You could also easily double this recipe to make a 9×13 pan) Layer the birthday cake Oreos on top.
Cover the Oreos with the other half of brownie batter.
Now, time to make them all pretty – SPRINKLES!
Bake according to the back of the brownie mix box.
Let cool on a wire rack once cooked for 15 minutes before slicing. That is, if you can wait that long. 😉
Once you slice into them & take you a bite, you will surely see why I have now become addicted to this recipe.
Birthday Cake Fudgy Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix I like Ghiradelli
- eggs & oil as called for by the brownie mix - don't add water!
- 3/4 cup Birthday Cake ice cream
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 pkg birthday cake Oreos you won't use them all though
- Preheat oven according to back of brownie mix box. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Combine brownie mix, eggs, and oil as directed on the back of the box, but do not add the water. Add ice cream and hot fudge to the brownie batter and stir to combine. Pour half of the brownie batter into the baking dish. Cover brownie batter with a single layer of Oreos, then top with remaining batter. Bake according to back of the brownie mix box.
I had read and re-read this recipe 3 times because I can’t believe how absolutely wonderful these look~ Wow:) All my favorites too~ Thanks for having your epiphany:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Can’t wait to make these for my daughters!!
if you don’t have hot fudge topping can you just leave it out or is there a sub?
This looks SOOO GOOOODDDDUUHHH
Pingback: Great Eats, Little Feats & Things I Find Neat #10 |
DIABEETUS! But yeah, that looks amazing.
Pingback: Candy Cane Fudgy Oreo Brownies - Mrs Happy Homemaker
What do you recommend for storage? Does the addition of ice cream create the need for refrigeration of leftovers?
Just storing in an air-tight container at room temperature will be just fine. The ice cream basically melts into a milk substance, and it’s is perfectly find to leave at room temp after baking.